[comp.sys.mac] PopUp-like driven menubar with Stepping out

rif_xu@eds.ericsson.se (08/23/89)

Is there some kind of utility which lets one get the menubar at the
mouse's tip when using Stepping Out II (a marvellous product) under
MultiFinder. It's really awkward to move the mouse the long, long
way from the bottom of a 1200*1200 pixels big screen to the menubar.

I have tried PopUp 1.0 (from 1987 - PD/SW programs are a little bit
slow in getting here to sweden) but it doen't work under MF.

!	Sigge Ruschkowski	kjr@kkeka1.ericsson.se	  !
!		The Sky's the Limit - Wayne W. Dyer 	  !

mi@chyde.uwasa.fi (Matti Inkinen LST) (08/23/89)

In article <2428@eds.ericsson.se>, rif_xu@eds.ericsson.se writes:
> Is there some kind of utility which lets one get the menubar at the
> mouse's tip when using Stepping Out II (a marvellous product) under
> MultiFinder. It's really awkward to move the mouse the long, long
> way from the bottom of a 1200*1200 pixels big screen to the menubar.
>
> I have tried PopUp 1.0 (from 1987 - PD/SW programs are a little bit
> slow in getting here to sweden) but it doen't work under MF.

I think you should try TurboMenu. I have used it with large screens and
various applications errorfree. Its a wonderful piece of programming work.

You'll find it eg. with ftp anonymous from chyde.uwasa.fi.

	*  Matti Inkinen		e-mail  mi@chyde.uwasa.fi     *
	*  University of Vaasa		 	inkinen@vakk.uwasa.fi *
	*  Finland			voice	358-(9)61-248302      *

jones@optilink.UUCP (Marvin Jones) (08/25/89)

In article <2428@eds.ericsson.se>, rif_xu@eds.ericsson.se writes:
> Is there some kind of utility which lets one get the menubar at the
> mouse's tip when using Stepping Out II (a marvellous product) under

hierDA, which is a freeware CDEV, has an option to allow a pop-up menu bar
under mouse control from anywhere on screen, and in any application (not
just the Finder).  I have used it for quite some time without any problems
(so far  ;-) ).

heirDA should be available on major BBSs like Compu$erve, Genie, and BMUG.
Else contact the author:

			jbx
			135 South Rd.
			Bedford, MA  02137  USA
			CI$:  73177,1404
			AppleLink:  X0121

Hope this helps!

--
	Marvin Jones 		{pyramid, pixar, tekbspa}!optilink!jones
	Optilink Corp. 		 ATT-net:  707-795-9444 X 206