[comp.sys.mac] Default font in KeyFinder DA

jay@ut-emx.UUCP (Jay Boisseau) (08/22/89)

Dumb question for the day:

How do you set the default font in the KeyFinder DA?  It always comes up in
Geneva (which I have never used for anything), but I would like it to default
to Times.  My system is a Mac SE/System 6.0.2/4 Mb RAM.  Thanks!

Jay Boisseau
jay@emx.utexas.edu

barry@primerd.prime.com (08/24/89)

I reguarly use Keyfinder on a Mac SE with system 6.0.2.

When I saw your mail I tried an experiment.  I started WriteNow 2.0,
changed default font to Helvetica, and then started Keyfinder.  Since
Keyfinder started with Helvetica, I think it uses the "current" font.
I've had no problems getting Keyfinder to show the font I'm currently
using in the application.

Barry Wolman                      | barry@s66.prime.com
Principal Technical Consultant    | 492 Old Connecticut Path
Prime Computer                    | Framingham, MA 01701
                                  | 508/626-1700, ext. 4187
Nothing in this posting reflects an official position of Prime Computer.

jay@ut-emx.UUCP (Jay Boisseau) (08/25/89)

In article <160700052@primerd>, barry@primerd.prime.com writes:

> I reguarly use Keyfinder on a Mac SE with system 6.0.2.
>
> When I saw your mail I tried an experiment.  I started WriteNow 2.0,
> changed default font to Helvetica, and then started Keyfinder.  Since
> Keyfinder started with Helvetica, I think it uses the "current" font.
> I've had no problems getting Keyfinder to show the font I'm currently
> using in the application.

I discovered that as well.  KeyFinder DA seems to "open" with the "checked"
font in the font menu when using Finder.  However, it doesn't seem to
succeed when using MF.  Does anyone know why this may be?  I tried it on
exactly the same file with the same font checked...

Jay Boisseau
jay@emx.utexas.edu