[comp.sys.mac] SQL Database

ralph@computing-maths.cardiff.ac.uk (Ralph Martin) (08/23/89)

A colleagure here wants a relational database program for the Mac which has an
SQL interface. Does anyone knbow of such a product, and if so can they comment
on its general abilities?

Please note that it must all run on the Mac, and not just provide an SQL front
end to a remote database.

Thanks. Ralph

d88-sli@nada.kth.se (Stefan Lindmark) (08/25/89)

In article <842@cf-cm.UUCP> ralph@computing-maths.cardiff.ac.uk (Ralph Martin) writes:
>A colleagure here wants a relational database program for the Mac which has an
>SQL interface. Does anyone knbow of such a product, and if so can they comment
>on its general abilities?

I have been running Oracle on a (Swedish!) UNIX-system (DS90) and I think
that the people at Oracle have really made an effort here.
(What they have not done will be properly bug-reported and corrected (?) )

This product is available on the Mac, requires 2 Meg of RAM and eats 5 Megs
of your hard disk. If anyone wants additional information about how to
contact the nearest Oracle representant, mail me, since I don't have it
available until tomorrow.

About the all Mac thing: [quote from small booklet]
"The power of Oracle for Macintosh comes from the Oracle relational DBMS
that resides on your Macintosh system, ..."

Seems to me, it has to be there in all...

--
Stefan Lindmark, Royal Institute of Technology, Stockholm, Sweden
Email: d88-sli@nada.kth.se        Snail-mail: Don't even bother...