[comp.sys.mac] Mac IIcx questions

David_Anthony_Guevara@cup.portal.com (08/24/89)

I have two questions in regards to the Mac IIcx.  The first one deals with
how you return to the finder after hitting the interrupt switch.  I have
accidently hit the interrupt switch a couple of times now and I'd like to
be able to return to the finder/application I was running without losing any
of my work.

My second question deals with startup screens for large, color monitors.
I can get a regular Mac startup screen to work, but it retains the 9 inch
screen size.  I'd like to find an INIT that will allow me to use an image
large enough to fit my screen (19 inch SuperMac color monitor with a Spectrum
8/Series II video controller).  Preferably in color.  Any PD/Shareware INITs
out there that will do this?  Commercial product would be OK too...as long as
it wasn't too expensive.

Thanks for your help on these matters.  Please e-mail your responses to me.
I think the net doesn't need any more traffic.

	Dave Guevara, guevara@fsd.arc.nasa.gov  or
                      David_Anthony_Guevara@cup.portal.com

hammen@csd4.csd.uwm.edu (Robert J. Hammen) (08/25/89)

In article <21558@cup.portal.com> David_Anthony_Guevara@cup.portal.com writes:
>I have two questions in regards to the Mac IIcx.  The first one deals with
>how you return to the finder after hitting the interrupt switch.  I have
>accidently hit the interrupt switch a couple of times now and I'd like to
>be able to return to the finder/application I was running without losing any
>of my work.

Are you asking how to use the interrupt switch to get back to the Finder? Or
are you just trying to get out of the mini-debugger? I'll answer both
questions for you:

1) to get back to the Finder:
SM 0 A9 F4 <return>
G 0 <return>

2) to continue with your current application, just type G <return>

>My second question deals with startup screens for large, color monitors.
>I can get a regular Mac startup screen to work, but it retains the 9 inch
>screen size.  I'd like to find an INIT that will allow me to use an image
>large enough to fit my screen (19 inch SuperMac color monitor with a Spectrum

What kind of StartupScreen are you using, a Paint-style bitmap or a PICT ID=0
resource? When I played around with StartupScreens on my II, I believe that
I got a full-screen image (on my Apple 13" RGB - on a 19" Trinitron, I'd be
surprised). I don't use startupscreens due to too many INITs that call
InitWindows, and the fact that color startupscreens take up mucho RAM (or at
least they used to) that never got recoverd. If this has changed, I hope that
someone will correct me (too busy/lazy to try it right now :-)

/ Robert Hammen | Service Bureau Manager and Macintosh Consultant         /
/ Bulfin Printers | 1887 N. Water | Milwaukee WI 53202 | (414) 271-1887   /
/ hammen@csd4.csd.uwm.edu | uunet!uwmcsd4!hammen | Delphi: HAMMEN         /
/ CI$: 70701,2104 | GEnie: R.Hammen | MacNet: HAMMEN | BIX: rhammen       /