[comp.sys.mac] Word-3 - Table of Contents

nigel@hfserver.hfnet.bt.co.uk (Nigel Cliffe) (08/25/89)

Can anyone help me? I am having problems with Microsoft Word version 3.
I have a document with ".C" markers specifying sections. I also have
introduced some manual page breaks (using "Shift-Enter") to control the layout.
Now if I repaginate the document I get the correct layout, but if I use
the "table of contents" command to build a table it seems to do it, but
ignores the manual page breaks, thus the table is wrong.

Has anyone seen this before, and does anyone know if there is an easy fix
(does version 4 fix this).

Nigel

E-mail responses would be appreciated, but I'll try to watch the news for
any posts.

--
   Nigel Cliffe  -

     British Telecom Research Labs, Martlesham Heath, Ipswich, IP5 7RE, UK
   voice: +44 473 645275   fax: +44 473 637557   email: nigel@hfnet.bt.co.uk

In article <615@hfserver.hfnet.bt.co.uk>, I wrote:
> Can anyone help me? I am having problems with Microsoft Word version 3.
> I have a document with ".C" markers specifying sections. I also have
> introduced some manual page breaks (using "Shift-Enter") to control the layout
> Now if I repaginate the document I get the correct layout, but if I use
> the "table of contents" command to build a table it seems to do it, but
> ignores the manual page breaks, thus the table is wrong.

Having posted the above, I looked at the problem again (as the page preview
was correct, but the printout was wrong). Eventually I found the answer -
My page breaks were in HIDDEN text (because I inserted them after putting in
hidden text markers for the contents page).
To anyone who has replied to my original post, I say thanks, but I'm OK now.

Nigel