[comp.sys.mac] Ramsey

>Would you (or anyone else) know what it was that David Ramsey said on
>C-Serve that got him fired by Apple?

Apple has not documented the information. Ramsey has not documented the
information. What it was hasn't been made public, and neither party (at
least, according to Ramsey in MacWeek and MAUG) have any intention to.

Chuq Von Rospach      =|=     Editor,OtherRealms     =|=     Member SFWA/ASFA
         chuq@apple.com   =|=  CI$: 73317,635  =|=  AppleLink: CHUQ
      [This is myself speaking. No company can control my thoughts.]

adam@mit-amt.MEDIA.MIT.EDU (Adam Glass) (08/25/89)

chuq@Apple.COM (Chuq Von Rospach) writes:
>>Would you (or anyone else) know what it was that David Ramsey said on
>>C-Serve that got him fired by Apple?
>
> Apple has not documented the information. Ramsey has not documented the
> information. What it was hasn't been made public, and neither party (at
> least, according to Ramsey in MacWeek and MAUG) have any intention to.

No, no... he said something (as in, he posted something) that got him
fired. Having been posted, the message went out to the general public,
the reason why Apple was so distressed by the whole incident. So the
person whom you quoted was merely asking what the information was --
someone has seen it, or Apple would have warned Ramsey instead of firing
him. "...neither party have [sic] any intention to." It's a bit late for
that, isn't it?

Adam (PS: I'm in need of another good tPB quote for my sig file - suggestions?)
--
"What?! He didn't fall? Inconceivable!"  (email: adam@media-lab.media.mit.edu)
"You keep using that word... I do not think it means what you think it means."

phssra@mathcs.emory.edu (Scott R. Anderson) (08/27/89)

In article <34268@apple.Apple.COM> chuq@Apple.COM (Chuq Von Rospach) writes:
>>Would you (or anyone else) know what it was that David Ramsey said on
>>C-Serve that got him fired by Apple?
>
>Apple has not documented the information. Ramsey has not documented the
>information. What it was hasn't been made public, and neither party (at
>least, according to Ramsey in MacWeek and MAUG) have any intention to.

Ramsey did say that he was not the first person from Apple to have publicly
discussed "the information", which is why he thought it was OK to mention it on
Compuserve.  Also, it was "higher-ups" who preceded him.

*
  *      **                  Scott Robert Anderson      gatech!emoryu1!phssra
   *   *    *    **          phssra@unix.cc.emory.edu   phssra@emoryu1.bitnet
    * *      * *    * **
     *        *      *  * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

nilesinc@well.UUCP (Avi Rappoport) (08/29/89)

  I asked Ramsey about it at MacWorld (actually, I told him that whatever he
did, I was sure it was no big deal), and he said that he couldn't say until
the statute of limitations ran out.  But he will then, if anyone still cares.

paul@taniwha.UUCP (Paul Campbell) (08/29/89)

In article <13385@well.UUCP> nilesinc@well.UUCP (Avi Rappoport) writes:
>  I asked Ramsey about it at MacWorld (actually, I told him that whatever he
>did, I was sure it was no big deal), and he said that he couldn't say until
>the statute of limitations ran out.  But he will then, if anyone still cares.

Surely the time starts running when he tells you (I'm sure that there is
no statute of limitations on non-disclosure agreements ....). Much more
likely he will be able to talk about it when it become common knowledge
(many non-disclosures have a clause that invalidate them for information
that isn't secret anymore)

	Paul
--
Paul Campbell    UUCP: ..!mtxinu!taniwha!paul     AppleLink: D3213
"Free Market": n. (colloq.) a primitive fertility goddess worshipped by an