[comp.sys.mac] parity memory

mp@andante.UUCP (Mark Plotnick) (08/30/89)

We'd like to get parity (or, better, ecc) memory for either the II or
IIx, preferably usable under the Mac OS, though memory accessible
only from A/UX is probably OK.  I dimly remember that MacWeek
had a paragraph or two about this a few months ago, saying that Apple
might come out with parity memory in a new machine next year, and that
some company currently offers an add-in board that gives parity
checking.  Naturally, I can't find that issue now.  All pointers
appreciated.

	Mark Plotnick
	mp@allegra.att.com

pasek@ncrcce.StPaul.NCR.COM (Michael A. Pasek) (08/30/89)

In article <22766@andante.UUCP> mp@andante.UUCP (Mark Plotnick) writes:
>We'd like to get parity (or, better, ecc) memory for either the II or
> [remainder deleted]

I also am VERY interested in memory with ECC for the Mac, but unlike Mark,
it would have to be usable under the MacOS (I'm not impressed with UNIX
except as a development tool -- no flames, I'm entitled to my opinion).

M. A. Pasek          Switching Software Development         NCR Comten, Inc.
(612) 638-7668              CNG Development               2700 N. Snelling Ave.
pasek@c10sd3.StPaul.NCR.COM                               Roseville, MN  55113