[comp.sys.mac] Graphics package request

ron_b@apollo.HP.COM (Ronald Buttiglieri) (08/30/89)

Hi there. Here I go again tapping the vast experience of the
net..

I'm looking for a graphics package (postscript preferable, but
bitmap if need be) that can distort text (or any shape) as
if it were wrapped around a can. I haven't found it in
MacPaint 1 or 2.0, MacDraw 1.9 1.9.5 or 2.0, FullPaint,
SuperPaint, or a handfull of little inits & utils. I'm sure
there's one out there somewhere. Can anyone help?

Thanks,

Ron
ron_b@apollo.com

"Anyone? Anyone?.."

c8s-an@franny.Berkeley.EDU (Alex Lau) (09/01/89)

Both Typestyler from Broderbund and SmartArt (from whom I forget)
do what you want for text. I don't know of any packages that wrap
objects around a cylinder.

--- Alex
UUCP: {att,backbones}!ucbvax!franny!c8s-an
INTERNET: c8s-an%franny.berkeley.edu@ucbvax.berkeley.edu
FIDONET: Alex.Lau@bmug.fidonet.org (1:161/444)

hallett@shoreland.uucp (Jeff Hallett x4-6328) (09/02/89)

In article <4556994b.11a95@apollo.HP.COM> ron_b@apollo.HP.COM (Ronald Buttiglieri) writes:
>I'm looking for a graphics package (postscript preferable, but
>bitmap if need be) that can distort text (or any shape) as
>if it were wrapped around a can.

Try Smart Art I or III from Emerald City Software.

They seem to specialize in PostScript special effects.  You could also
try their PostScript environment (LaserTalk or LaserArt, or some darn
thing like that).

--
                Jeffrey A. Hallett, PET Software Engineering
                    GE Medical Systems, W641, PO Box 414