[comp.sys.mac] Zoo and zip archievers wanted for Mac

hv@chyde.uwasa.fi (Harri Valkama LAKE) (09/01/89)

In article <21756@cup.portal.com>, thad@cup.portal.com (Thad P Floryan) writes:
> Otto J. Makela at tukki.jyu.fi asks:
> * executables for Zoo (Dhesi) for Macintosh and Amiga
>
> Sheesh.  I was just on his system, and he's got the ZOO right there for him
> to use in pub/amiga/util.  For example (on tukki.jyu.fi):
>
> The sources for the UNIX and Mac versions of ZOO are available at cs.utah.edu
> per:

Sources are there but it does NOT include ANY support for MAC. I checked.
Because I would be very happy if someone could port a REAL arcer to Mac.
I count PKZIP, ZOO, LHARC and PAK as real arcers.

--
	Harri Valkama			: email:  hv@chyde.uwasa.fi (internet)
Computer Centre, University of Vaasa	:         valkama@finfun    (bitnet)

allbery@NCoast.ORG (Brandon S. Allbery) (09/04/89)

As quoted from <736@chyde.uwasa.fi> by hv@chyde.uwasa.fi (Harri Valkama LAKE):
+---------------
| Sources are there but it does NOT include ANY support for MAC. I checked.
| Because I would be very happy if someone could port a REAL arcer to Mac.
| I count PKZIP, ZOO, LHARC and PAK as real arcers.
+---------------

Your "real arcers" won't know what to do with a resource fork.  Or are you
going to counter by claiming that you want the Mac to use "real files" next?

++Brandon
--
Brandon S. Allbery, moderator of comp.sources.misc	     allbery@NCoast.ORG
uunet!hal.cwru.edu!ncoast!allbery		    ncoast!allbery@hal.cwru.edu

hv@chyde.uwasa.fi (Harri Valkama LAKE) (09/04/89)

In article <1989Sep4.000141.4109@NCoast.ORG>, allbery@NCoast.ORG (Brandon S. Allbery) writes:
> As quoted from <736@chyde.uwasa.fi> by hv@chyde.uwasa.fi (Harri Valkama LAKE):
> +---------------
> | Sources are there but it does NOT include ANY support for MAC. I checked.
> | Because I would be very happy if someone could port a REAL arcer to Mac.
> | I count PKZIP, ZOO, LHARC and PAK as real arcers.
> +---------------
> Your "real arcers" won't know what to do with a resource fork.  Or are you
> going to counter by claiming that you want the Mac to use "real files" next?

Yes I know that. But that should't be a stop - just a longer way to
get there. I think ArcMac has already cleared that problem. It's just
that I don't count ARC the best one available anymore. That other claim
I don't dare/care to answer...
--

allbery@NCoast.ORG (Brandon S. Allbery) (09/05/89)

As quoted from <740@chyde.uwasa.fi> by hv@chyde.uwasa.fi (Harri Valkama LAKE):
+---------------
| In article <1989Sep4.000141.4109@NCoast.ORG>, allbery@NCoast.ORG (Brandon S. Allbery) writes:
| > Your "real arcers" won't know what to do with a resource fork.  Or are you
| > going to counter by claiming that you want the Mac to use "real files" next?
|
| that I don't count ARC the best one available anymore. That other claim
| I don't dare/care to answer...
+---------------

Sorry.  I was in a bad mood -- having just read 300 articles from net.idiots
in various newsgroups, I was beginning to doubt that anyone who read the
Usenet was equipped with a brain.  (I hope that I don't find myself back in
that nightmare again today....)

++Brandon
--
Brandon S. Allbery, moderator of comp.sources.misc	     allbery@NCoast.ORG
uunet!hal.cwru.edu!ncoast!allbery		    ncoast!allbery@hal.cwru.edu
"Why do trans-atlantic transfers take so long?"
"Electrons don't swim very fast."  -john@minster.york.ac.uk and whh@PacBell.COM

mithomas@bsu-cs.bsu.edu (Michael Thomas Niehaus) (09/05/89)

I don't remember who posted the original message, but I just finished porting
Booz, an archive extractor program for Zoo archives.  I will be cleaning it
up for the next couple of days, then I will post it to comp.binaries.mac (or
if you want, I will mail it to you.  It is not very large).

-Michael

--
Michael Niehaus        UUCP: <backbones>!{iuvax,pur-ee}!bsu-cs!mithomas
Apple Student Rep      ARPA:  mithomas@bsu-cs.bsu.edu