[comp.sys.mac] Exporting Card Pictures to files in HC

ollef@sics.se (Olle Furberg) (08/31/89)

I have a stack containing pictures of people, now I want to export these
pictures to MacPaint files. I could do this manually for every card, but I
want a script to do the work. Does anybody have any idea of how this should
be done?

    /Olle

ollef@sics.se (Olle Furberg) (08/31/89)

I have a stack containing pictures on every card, now I want to export these

dlugose@ecsvax.uncecs.edu (Dan Dlugose) (09/06/89)

In article <1989Aug31.110105.4531@sics.se> ollef@sics.se (Olle Furberg) writes:

>I have a stack containing pictures of people, now I want to export these
>pictures to MacPaint files. I could do this manually for every card, but I
>want a script to do the work. Does anybody have any idea of how this should
>be done?

    Yes, using MacroMaker.  First "start recording".  Copy the card
picture, pull out the scrapbook DA, paste, return to HyperCard,
end recording, store the macro with a unique name like "copy to scrap"
    Then you can copy a long sequence of card pictures with a script
roughly like:
    Choose select tool
    repeat forever
       domenu "copy to script"
       go next
    end repeat
But, if a dialog comes up, like "card does not have a picture, try
background", you are stalled.

Does anyone know how a script can tell if there is a card picture?

Dan Dlugose
UNC Educational Computing Service