[comp.sys.mac] What's that thing in my Disk Window?

rcbaem@eutrc3.urc.tue.nl (Ernst Mulder) (09/05/89)

I always wondered.. Maybe this has been discussed or mentioned here
before, I don't know.

Why is it that HFS disks can be recognised by one single pixel
in their window? (Which separates them from MFS disks..)

Just wondering.

 Ernst.

In article <889@eutrc3.urc.tue.nl> rcbaem@eutrc3.uucp writes:
>Why is it that HFS disks can be recognised by one single pixel
>in their window? (Which separates them from MFS disks..)

Presumably, they wanted to make the distinction imperceptible except
to users who really care.  That single pixel is easy to see if you
look for it intentionally, but it's probably invisible if you don't
know about it.  And even if you do know about it, it doesn't actually
catch your eye when you're looking at the desktop casually.

Barry Margolin
Thinking Machines Corp.

barmar@think.com
{uunet,harvard}!think!barmar