[comp.sys.mac] Colony, is there an end?

pff@beach.cis.ufl.edu (Pablo Fernicola) (09/01/89)

Questions:

Did anyone manage to get the kids out of the Colony, into the ship, and
fly away?

Is there another ending to the program?

How do you get out of the forklift???

Do not give too many hints please, just a yes/no will suffice for the first
two questions.

Thanks!
--
pff@beach.cis.ufl.edu  Pablo Fernicola - Machine Intelligence Laboratory - UF
"That has nothing to do with computers; it is software."

hallett@shoreland.uucp (Jeff Hallett x4-6328) (09/02/89)

In article <20815@uflorida.cis.ufl.EDU> pff@beach.cis.ufl.edu (Pablo Fernicola) writes:
>Questions:

SPOILERS (you were warned....)

>Did anyone manage to get the kids out of the Colony, into the ship, and
>fly away?
>
>Is there another ending to the program?
>
>How do you get out of the forklift???

READ ON TO FIND THE ANSWERS TO THESE EXCITING QUESTIONS

>Did anyone manage to get the kids out of the Colony, into the ship, and
>fly away?

Yes.

>Is there another ending to the program?

There is a different message displayed whether you rescue all the kids
or not.  However, the solution does not change. (I'll warn you that it
gets tricky to coordinate all your activities near the end - figuring
it out is one thing, but I recommend writing down your plan of action
before you actually try to do it, especially if you go away and come
back later)

>How do you get out of the forklift???

Depress the mouse key, drag the mouse back, release the mouse key.
Make sure there is room behind the forklift for you to "back out"
into. With a little practice, you can get really good at doing this
quickly (you'll need to be able to).  Sometimes it causes you to fire
your gun upon exiting, but with practice that will go away too.

>Do not give too many hints please, just a yes/no will suffice for the first
>two questions.

You're gonna LOVE the ending.

--
                Jeffrey A. Hallett, PET Software Engineering
                    GE Medical Systems, W641, PO Box 414

ins_apw@jhunix.HCF.JHU.EDU (Philip Wong) (09/02/89)

I have won in colony, but not really.  I have never found the last kid.  Could
someone post or mail the locations of all the kids.  There is one that eludes me.  thanx

ins_apw@jhunix.HCF.JHU.EDU

hallett@shoreland.uucp (Jeff Hallett x4-6328) (09/06/89)

In article <2431@jhunix.HCF.JHU.EDU> ins_apw@jhunix.UUCP (Philip Wong) writes:
>... Could someone post or mail the locations of all the kids.

SPOILERS:

LEVEL 1: Security, Rightmost cell.
LEVEL 3: NorthEast-most apartment, way in back.
LEVEL 4: Southmost laboratory (one at the end of all the security fields)
	 Large room near the center of  the Dave Bowman Wing.
LEVEL 5: Center of 3x3 (5x5) "maze". (This one takes a major trick to get)
LEVEL 6: In the center of the SouthWest maze.

If you have trouble figuring these references, you can get a copy of
Colony maps from CompuServe or Sumex-Aim to help you out.