[comp.sys.mac] Buckaroo Banzai Sounds

parnes@eniac.seas.upenn.edu (Gary Parnes) (09/03/89)

There was some talk a few months ago about digitizing sounds from
Buckaroo Banzai.  Has anyone gotten around to doing them.  Is anyone
considering doing them?

						Gary

/=============================================================================\
| "You're obviously misinformed... everything  |  Gary Parnes		      |
|  EAST of the San Andreas Fault is going to   |  Computer Science Engineer   |
|  fall into the ATLANTIC Ocean."              |  University of Pennsylvania  |
|   *** parnes@eniac.seas.upenn.edu ***        |  *NOT* Penn State, Dammit!   |
\=============================================================================/

ins_apw@jhunix.HCF.JHU.EDU (Philip Wong) (09/04/89)

I have some sounds from Last Starfighter, Star Trek:TNG from the episode of
Q Who, Dirty Pair, & Laputa.  If some archive is interested, mail me and we'll
talk about how to transfer the stuff.  You will prob. have to mail me some
blank disks and I'll copy it onto there--theres like over 7 MB of sounds here.

ins_apw@jhunix.HCF.JHU.EDU

moriarty@tc.fluke.COM (Jeff Meyer) (09/06/89)

In article <14045@netnews.upenn.edu> parnes@eniac.seas.upenn.edu.UUCP (Gary Parnes) writes:
>There was some talk a few months ago about digitizing sounds from
>Buckaroo Banzai.  Has anyone gotten around to doing them.  Is anyone
>considering doing them?

Yup.  In fact, I mailed four of the more popular ones, in SIT format, to
comp.binaries.mac.  Figuring the average throughput time, it may be a month
before they're posted.

The four are:

"Laugh-A while you can, Monkey Boy!"
"No matter where you go... there you are."
"Don't tug on that... you never know what it might be attached to."
"I'm glad someone has the *balls* to face facts."

I have others, but they're large, numerous, and I have no ftp access to get
them to Internet sites.  And fluke's UUCP node has enough problems with my
numerous postings without having to deal with 3MB sound files.

----

                        Selections from THE AYATOLLAH'S TOP TEN REASONS TO
                        LIVE (5/25/89):

                            10.  Chance to watch Ayatollah, Jr. pitch for
                                 little league team.
                             8.  Ed McMahon told him he might already be a
                                 winner!
                             7.  Just got HBO.
                             4.  Ruthless and insane successor may not be
                                 ruthless and insane enough.
                                           -- Late Night with David Letterman
---
                                        Moriarty, aka Jeff Meyer
INTERNET:     moriarty@tc.fluke.COM
Manual UUCP:  {uw-beaver, sun, hplsla, thebes, microsoft}!fluke!moriarty
CREDO:        You gotta be Cruel to be Kind...

ins_apw@jhunix.HCF.JHU.EDU (Philip Wong) (09/07/89)

My sounds (Q Who, Laputa, Dirty Pair, etc.) will hopefully be sent to sumex--Can
the info-mac moderator email me please.  The anime sounds will also hopefully
get to wpi sometime.  THose who wrote me about their anime sounds: if you could
mail what you have on 800K mac disks, i'll see that they get to wpi and I'll
mail your disks back with what sounds I have (only about 800K of anime).  Maybe
 the wpi anime moderator will see this (hopefully) and email me so we can
discuss this.

ins_apw@jhunix.HCF.JHU.EDU

Philip Wong
500 W. University Pkwy., Apt. 11C