[comp.sys.mac] Mac II Video Expansion Kit

iradx7@pawl.rpi.edu (Ira Lee) (09/07/89)

Does anyone know what chips comprise the Mac II
Video Expansion kit for the 4bit card?
Any help would be appreciated.

iradx7@pawl.rpi.edu

See you.
iradx7@pawl.rpi.edu

mclow@telesoft.telesoft.com (Marshall Clow @telesoft) (09/08/89)

In article <7122@rpi.edu>, iradx7@pawl.rpi.edu (Ira Lee) writes:

> Does anyone know what chips comprise the Mac II
> Video Expansion kit for the 4bit card?

	The expansion kit consists of 8 VRAMS. ( Video DRAMS ) I don't
	have the part number in front of me, but the video board comes
	with 8 chips on-board and 8 empty sockets.

	The Chip Merchant, in San Diego, is advertising video upgrade
	kits for ~$70. I bought my upgrades there in November '87, and
	have had no problems whatsoever. The kit is just a set of
	chips.

		Marshall Clow ( mclow@telesoft.com )

P.S.	I am unafilliated with Chip Merchant except as a happy
customer.