[comp.sys.mac] Resedit Font

jmh@ns.network.com (1606) (09/07/89)

I recently switched from the beta release of Resedit to the 1.2 that arrived
with Think C 4.0 (It looked newer).  It works fine except:

When I examine a resource which is displayed as a labeled list (i.e. TMPL or
MENU or many others), instead of using Chicago as the font (which the previous
version did), it uses Geneva.  This would not be bad, as Geneva 12 is installed
and looks fine.  However,  it is using Geneva 14.  Apparently the system is
deducing this font from the 12, and it looks abysmal.

Either, where am I supposed to have a copy of Geneva 14 to use, or how to I
convince Resedit (and one or two other programs with the same glitch) to use
Chicago?

(Chicago 12 and Geneva 12 are in the system.  All other fonts are in suitcases,
opened by Suitcase II).

Thanks,
Joel M. Halpern			jmh@nsco.network.com
Network Systems Corporation

thecloud@dhw68k.cts.com (Ken McLeod) (09/09/89)

In article <1627@ns.network.com> jmh@ns.UUCP (Joel Halpern 424-1606) writes:
>I recently switched from the beta release of Resedit to the 1.2 that arrived
>with Think C 4.0 (It looked newer).  It works fine except:
>
>When I examine a resource which is displayed as a labeled list (i.e. TMPL or
>MENU or many others), instead of using Chicago as the font (which the previous
>version did), it uses Geneva.  This would not be bad, as Geneva 12 is installed
>and looks fine.  However,  it is using Geneva 14.  Apparently the system is
>deducing this font from the 12, and it looks abysmal.

  That's very interesting. My copy of ResEdit 1.2 uses Monaco 12 for those
editing windows with defined TMPLs. If this was my default application font,
I could understand (partially), but there seems to be no apparent reason
for the choice of font. This is on a Mac+, BTW. A friend of mine uses the
same version on an SE, and his editing windows are in Geneva 12.

  Maybe this undocumented feature will go away in 1.2.1?

--
Ken McLeod    :.     .:    UUCP: ...{spsd,zardoz,felix}!dhw68k!thecloud