[comp.sys.mac] Mac System 6.0.4b2

gford@nunki.usc.edu (Gregory Ford) (09/09/89)

I just saw a mention of this piece of software in a recent shareware
product.  Does anyone know what this system is for/does?

* Greg Ford				GEnie:    G.FORD3		      *
* University of Southern California	Internet: gford%nunki.usc.edu@usc.edu *

c8s-an@franny.Berkeley.EDU (Alex Lau) (09/09/89)

In article <5011@merlin.usc.edu> gford@nunki.usc.edu (Gregory Ford) writes:
>I just saw a mention of this piece of software in a recent shareware
>product.  Does anyone know what this system is for/does?

It's for the upcoming Macs to be introduced on Sept. 20.

Rumors have the new Macs to be the portable and the IIci. Neither will
work with any System lower than 6.0.4.

--- Alex
UUCP: {att,backbones}!ucbvax!franny!c8s-an
INTERNET: c8s-an%franny.berkeley.edu@ucbvax.berkeley.edu
FIDONET: Alex.Lau@bmug.fidonet.org (1:161/444)

ianf@nada.kth.se (Ian Feldman) (09/10/89)

In article <5011@merlin.usc.edu> gford@nunki.usc.edu (Gregory Ford) writes:
>I just saw a mention of this piece of software in a recent shareware
>product.  Does anyone know what this system is for/does?

   It is for standard system for the coming Mac Laptop... amazing
   that the software is mentioned in shareware before even appearing
   on the market...