[comp.sys.mac] wysiwyg equations

kelley@cs.dal.ca (Dan E. Kelley) (09/13/89)

Hi.  I'm a macintosh fan, and *really* need wysiwyg onscreen equations
for my work.  But, my associates (and secretary) use TeX.  Is there an
easy way to convert nice, friendly, Mac equations (in Microsoft Word,
say) into TeX?

I know about mathtype, but want to translate the *whole* file, not
just the equations.

Many thanks to anybody who can help me.

Desperately,

Barry Ruddick
Dept. of Oceanography, Dalhousie University
Halifax, Nova Scotia, CANADA, B3H 4J1 (902)424-2505
email:   kelley@cs.dal.ca  --or--  {uunet watmath}!dalcs!kelley

--
Dan E. Kelley
Dept. of Oceanography, Dalhousie University

hodges@maui.cs.ucla.edu (Jack Hodges) (09/15/89)

In article <1989Sep12.193903.22586@cs.dal.ca> kelley@cs.dal.ca (Dan E. Kelley) writes:
>Hi.  I'm a macintosh fan, and *really* need wysiwyg onscreen equations
>for my work.  But, my associates (and secretary) use TeX.  Is there an
>easy way to convert nice, friendly, Mac equations (in Microsoft Word,
>say) into TeX?

Anyone that writes a conversion from Word to TeX, or gets Microsoft
to add Tex as a write format, is going to get a handshake and a check
from me.  I can't think of a better match than the WYSWYG of word and
the referencing/labelling/equations of TeX.

Jack Hodges, UCLA
hodges@cs.ucla.edu