[comp.sys.mac] Apple FTP access

kroe@sbcs.sunysb.edu (09/14/89)

Sometime within the past couple months, there was an announcement
about anonymous FTP access to Apple.  I think the kind of files
available were development tools and system software.  Can someone
tell me where this archive is?  Naturally, when I didn't have FTP
access I ignored the announcement; now that I have FTP access I'm
suddenly very interested.

-----
KiYun Roe					kroe@sbcs.sunysb.edu
Department of Computer Science
SUNY at Stony Brook
Stony Brook, NY  11794-4400			(516) 632-7675

mjohnson@Apple.COM (Mark B. Johnson) (09/15/89)

In article <3500@sbcs.sunysb.edu> kroe@sbcs.sunysb.edu writes:
>Sometime within the past couple months, there was an announcement
>about anonymous FTP access to Apple.  I think the kind of files
>available were development tools and system software.  Can someone
>tell me where this archive is?  Naturally, when I didn't have FTP
>access I ignored the announcement; now that I have FTP access I'm
>suddenly very interested.

Refresher course for everyone...

Apple.com is the host (IP 130.43.2.2)
Account=anonymous  Password=guest
Look in ~ftp/pub/dts for the various directories
Check out dts/help/files-dir-all for a complete listing of all the
files.  Also read /dts/README for a description of the archive.

--
Mark B. Johnson                                            AppleLink: mjohnson
Developer Technical Support                         domain: mjohnson@Apple.com

"You gave your life to become the person you are right now.  Was it worth it?"
                                                         - Richard Bach, _One_

kroe@sbcs.sunysb.edu (KiYun Roe) (09/15/89)

Thanks to all who replied.  The site is apple.com (something
I should've just tried).  Normal anonymous FTP procedures apply:
login = "anonymous", password = your login name.
-----