[comp.sys.mac] Home acctg/budgeting

nopuklic@ndsuvax.UUCP (Blayne Puklich) (09/14/89)

I'll be like others and say that "this has probably been hashed over
before," but I'm in need of some information on home budgeting and
accounting packages for the Mac anyways.  I can't seem to find any
comparison articles, either.  So, any ideas on what's good out there,
and any pointers to comparison articles would sure be appreciated.
I've heard of and seen Dollars and Sense (sp?), but that didn't appeal
to me much.  Thanks in advance.

||+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++||
|| Blayne Puklich      nopuklic@Plains.NoDak.EDU  "I think I'm going       ||
|| NDSU Student ACM    nopuklic@ndsuvax.BITNET          bald..."           ||
|| Vice-Chairperson    NU087763@NDSUVM1.BITNET     -- Rush, from Caress    ||
|| North Dakota State University, Fargo, ND           of Steel, 1975       ||
|| (701) 237-4408                                                          ||
||          "Corvettes are the best thing man has ever invented."          ||
||-------------------------------------------------------------------------||

ph@cci632.UUCP (Pete Hoch) (09/16/89)

In article <2909@ndsuvax.UUCP>, nopuklic@ndsuvax.UUCP (Blayne Puklich) writes:
> I'm in need of some information on home budgeting and
> accounting packages for the Mac.
>
> Blayne Puklich

I have been useing MacMoney for over two years now.  The package is simple
and staight forward to use.  The program directly supports checking &
savings accounts, credit cards, and cash accounts.  You can set up automatic
transactions for monthly payments or income.  It handles a catagory list,
payee list, and sub-catagory list.  The sub-catagory lets you cross list
a transaction under a second item.  So for example if you go on vacation
and want to know the total cost but you also want to list money spent on
gas for gas, food for food, etc. you can do it by adding a vacation sub-
catagory to all the vacation transactions.

From what I have heared the only thing MacMoney can't do easily is track
a stock portfolio and give you a daily net worth, however this is not a
problem for me because I don't own any stock.

As usual I don't get royalties or kick-backs from this I just use the program.

Pete Hoch