[comp.sys.mac] VIRUS: how

carasso@nunki.usc.edu (Roger David Carasso) (09/16/89)

We've recently had several viruses on our Macs, and I was just curious,
if anyone could explain to me:

   How the most common viruses for the Mac work.

-------
I don't know much about the mac file system.
Where does the virus attach too?  When does it spread?
-------

Thanks,

rog

c8s-an@franny.Berkeley.EDU (Alex Lau) (09/17/89)

In article <5108@merlin.usc.edu> carasso@nunki.usc.edu (Roger David Carasso) writes:
>We've recently had several viruses on our Macs, and I was just curious,
>if anyone could explain to me:
>   How the most common viruses for the Mac work.
>I don't know much about the mac file system.
>Where does the virus attach too?  When does it spread?
>
>Thanks,
>rog

I would read the documentation for Disinfectant 1.2,
if I were you. This documentation is not only free,
but it describes everything you're looking for in
painful detail. Technozoids like me love it, and
non-dweebs can understand it as well.

--- Alex

rcbaem@eutrc3.urc.tue.nl (Ernst <pooh> Mulder) (09/18/89)

In article <5108@merlin.usc.edu> carasso@nunki.usc.edu (Roger David Carasso) writes:
>We've recently had several viruses on our Macs, and I was just curious,
>if anyone could explain to me:
>
>   How the most common viruses for the Mac work.

	Hi Rog,

	If you're not a potential virus programmer, check out the fabulous
program called Disinfectant. Except that it is a very good disinfecting
program it also gives information on how all currently known virusses work.

	Ernst.