[comp.sys.mac] 68882 in Mac II?

jas@ISI.EDU (Jeff Sullivan) (09/20/89)

Is thatere any benefit in installing a 68882 (16MHz) into a Mac II?
Is there any drawback?  What's the score?

jas

Jeffrey A. Sullivan		| Senior Systems Programmer
jas@venera.isi.edu		| Information Sciences Institute
jas@isi.edu   DELPHI: JSULLIVAN	| University of Southern California

siegel@endor.harvard.edu (Rich Siegel) (09/20/89)

In article <9740@venera.isi.edu> jas@ISI.EDU (Jeff Sullivan) writes:

>Is thatere any benefit in installing a 68882 (16MHz) into a Mac II?
>Is there any drawback?  What's the score?

	My Mac II has an '882 in it; floating-point is about 15-25% faster,
and there seem to be no ill effects. I am getting similar results with
an '882 in my Radius Mac Plus accelerator.

		-R.

 Rich Siegel
 Staff Software Developer
 Symantec Corporation, Language Products Group
 Internet: siegel@endor.harvard.edu
 UUCP: ..harvard!endor!siegel

"There is no personal problem which cannot be solved by sufficient
application of high explosives."