[comp.sys.mac] Rapport CDEV-doesn't install

Adam.Frix@f200.n226.z1.FIDONET.ORG (Adam Frix) (09/20/89)

Phil Hunt writes:
.
PH> I just got a CDEV that is supposed to do neat stuff with
PH> floppy drives allowing them to init as ibm 720k drives and
PH> others right from the volume init system dialog window.  On
PH> my system, the startup icon says (not installed)....Any idea
PH> what I am supposed to do to get it installed?  There was no
PH> real docs included...
.
.
What you're looking at, I think, is the cdev that comes with
the Rapport (not Rappaport) hardware.  This piece of
hardware is a doojie that plugs into your external floppy
drive port and gives your internal drive the ability to read
"furrin" disks like messy-dos and pro-dos.  Plug an Apple
external 800K into the hardware doojie, and voila! read,
write and format same furrin formats.  Plug a drive called
the Drive 2.4 (from Kennect Technologies, same folks who
build the Rapport <not Rappaport>) into this hardware
doojie, and you got yourself 2.4 meg Mac floppies (IBM,
too).  Oh, yeah, with just the Rapport plugged in, your Mac
drives go to 1.2 meg if you want.
.
Obviously, this cdev does absolutely nothing without the
$295 Rapport plugged in.  Oh, yeah, the Drive 2.4 is
something like $400.  (Someone please post the correct
prices, retail and street if possible, thanks.)
.
--Adam--

--
Adam Frix via cmhGate - Net 226 fido<=>uucp gateway Col, OH
UUCP: ...!osu-cis!n8emr!cmhgate!200!Adam.Frix

eb1z+@andrew.cmu.edu (Edward Joseph Bennett) (09/21/89)

Does the Rapport work with a MacII that does not have an external floppy port?

thanks in advance

Ed