[comp.sys.mac] reminders & appointments

frank@mnetor.UUCP (Frank Kolnick) (09/23/89)

I'm looking for a DA which will display reminders at a given time and
optionally repeat them. It would also be nice if it had an
appointment calendar. Any recommendations?

Btw, I've been messing around with Smart Alarms for two weeks.
When I first installed it, my system crashed whenever I started
*any* program. Removing it solved that problem, but left me without
a reminder DA. (Also btw, the developers of SA asked me to
re-install it and try a few tests. However, SA now says "Dear me,
a technical problem" and refuses to install itself. Does anyone have
any idea what it thinks its doing? I'll be *really* annoyed if it has
screwed up my system.)

--
Frank Kolnick,
consulting for, and therefore expressing opinions independent of, Computer X

bmug@garnet.berkeley.edu (BMUG) (09/25/89)

In article <5094@mnetor.UUCP> frank@mnetor.UUCP (Frank Kolnick) writes:
>I'm looking for a DA which will display reminders at a given time and
>optionally repeat them. It would also be nice if it had an
>appointment calendar. Any recommendations?

(plus some Smart Alarms bashing)

The one I use is Comments 2.0x, which will do the reminder business
quite nicely; the time settings are much more flexible than Smart
Alarms in terms of repeating messages.

Of course, Comment also lets you add "Post-It(TM)" type notes to
documents, spreadsheet cells, etc.

It's published by Deneba Software and reasonably inexpensive,
considering how useful it is.

John Heckendorn
                                                             /\
BMUG                      ARPA: bmug@garnet.berkeley.EDU    A__A
1442A Walnut St., #62     BITNET: bmug@ucbgarne             |()|
Berkeley, CA  94709       Phone: (415) 549-2684             |  |