[comp.sys.mac] Any info on Micropolis 160 MB drives?

korfhage@kona.cs.ucla.edu (09/23/89)

I am looking for a drive in the 160 MB range (either internal for IIci
or external), and noticed Hard Drives International selling Micropolis drives.
Are these drives any good? I never hear anything about them, so either they
aren't failing, or no one uses them.

Thanks for any information.

 Willard Korfhage   ARPA : korfhage@cs.ucla.edu
		    UUCP : {ucbvax,randvax,trwrb!trwspp,ism780}!ucla-cs!korfhage
"Castro Kicks Vanna Habit: Tough-talking tyrant vows he'll never watch
'Wheel of Fortune' again!" - Weekly World News

kingman@tci.bell-atl.com (Matt Kingman) (09/26/89)

korfhage@kona.cs.ucla.edu writes:

>I am looking for a drive in the 160 MB range (either internal for IIci
>or external), and noticed Hard Drives International selling Micropolis drives.
>Are these drives any good? I never hear anything about them, so either they
>aren't failing, or no one uses them.

I have a Micropolis 150MB drive in my Mac II.  It's real quiet and real
fast (17ms).  I have previously owned two other Micropolis drives in IBM
PC's and both where great also.  It wouldn't fit in a IIcx/ci though, it's
5 1/4 inch.  I purchased it from Microtech in Connecticut, $1399.

/Matt

--
Matt Kingman  Technology Concepts Inc.  Sudbury, MA.  (508)443-7311
      ...!uunet!tci!kingman         kingman@tci.bell-atl.com