[comp.sys.mac] Modula-2, Ada, or Oberlin for the Mac?

korfhage@kona.cs.ucla.edu (09/25/89)

I would like to know if Modula-2, Ada, or Oberlin (Wirth's newest language)
are available for the Mac.

Thanks for any pointers.

 Willard Korfhage   ARPA : korfhage@cs.ucla.edu
		    UUCP : {ucbvax,randvax,trwrb!trwspp,ism780}!ucla-cs!korfhage
"Castro Kicks Vanna Habit: Tough-talking tyrant vows he'll never watch
'Wheel of Fortune' again!" - Weekly World News

rickf@Apple.COM (Rick Fleischman) (09/26/89)

In article <27395@shemp.CS.UCLA.EDU> korfhage@CS.UCLA.EDU (Willard Korfhage) writes:
>I would like to know if Modula-2, Ada, or Oberlin (Wirth's newest language)
>are available for the Mac.
>
>Thanks for any pointers.

There are two versions of Modula-2 available for the Macintosh that I know
about:
1)  MetCom Modula-2 Programming Environment
    Metropolis Computer Networks, Inc.
    (This is a stand-alone development environment)

2)  SemperSoft Modula-2 v.1.3.3
    Semper Software
    (This product works within the MPW Development Environment)

I know of one Ada implementation for the Macintosh:
    AdaVantage Mac Professional Developer Kit
    Meridian Software Systems, Inc.
    (This product works within the MPW Development Environment)

I don't know of any Oberlin implementations on the Macintosh.

All of the above products are available through APDA at (800) 282-2732.
Also call the above number if you want info to contact the companies
directly.

Rick Fleischman
Developer Channels/APDA
Apple Computer, Inc.
rickf@goofy.apple.com
AppleLink:  FLEISCHMAN@applelink.apple.com

zebolskyd@yvax.byu.edu (09/27/89)

You can get Modula-2 for the Mac, alright. The best I have found is:

SemperSoft Modula-2

Semper Software
P.O. Box 225
Glen Ellyn, Illinois 60138-0225

I believe it is available from APDA and TechAlliance.

SemperSoft Modula-2 runs under MPW as a tool, so you can link in
stuff you have compiled with C, Pascal, etc., or assembled.

A wonderful product!

--Lyle D. Gunderson    zebolskyd@yvax.byu.edu