[comp.sys.mac] 256k SIMMS

mikeoro@hubcap.UUCP (Michael K O'Rourke) (01/28/89)

I have two 256K SIMMS for sale. These SIMMS are 150ns. This means they
will only work with the SE and below. I just upgraded my SE to 2.5 MB so
I have these extras. They'd be great for a 512K or 512KE mac that needs
to be upgraded.

I'll sell them for $80 o.b.o.

Michael O'Rourke
Clemson University

email me or call (803) 653-8114.

granteri@pnet51.cts.com (Grant Erickson) (08/17/89)

I am looking for used (good condition) or new 100-120ns 256K SIMMs for $100 or
more, if you have information, or are selling. Please leave me E-mail.

Thank you very much...

                                                  Grant Erickson

._________________________________________________________.
| UUCP: {rosevax, crash, orator}!orbit!pnet51!granteri    |
| ARPA: crash!orbit!pnet51!granteri@nosc.mil              |
| INET: granteri@pnet51.cts.com                           |
| In order to be intelligent, one must first be insane... |
!_________________________________________________________!

hodas@eniac.seas.upenn.edu (Josh Hodas) (09/19/89)

Having just upgraded my brothers' and my Macs I have a few 256k
simms for sale.  Specifically, I have 14 SIMMS (3.5 megs) available.
All the SIMMS are 120ns suitable for use in any current mac (assuming
you read this before Wednesday the 20th.).

I am asking $20 dollars a SIMM (ie $80/meg).

-------------------------

Josh Hodas    (hodas@eniac.seas.upenn.edu)
4223 Pine Street
Philadelphia, PA 19104

(215) 222-7112   (home)
(215) 898-5423   (school office)

donn@radar.uucp (Donn S. Fishbein) (09/20/89)

Four 256K Simms removed from a new MacIIcx to
upgrade..new condition

Price: $89/four, shipping included

Call: Donn Fishbein, 615-385-4755, or email
--
Donn S. Fishbein        ..attctc!radar!donn

barry@primerd.prime.com (09/27/89)

Four 256K SIMMs are a cheap way to expand a 1MB SE/30 or II* to 2MB.
Going from 1MB to 5MB would cost about $400, so if 2MB will suit your
needs, a 1MB upgrade for about $80 should be considered.  Note that
SIMMs must be installed in pairs, so you can't expand a stock 1MB
SE/30 or II* to 2MB by installing only a single 1MB SIMM.

Barry Wolman                      | barry@s66.prime.com
Principal Technical Consultant    | 492 Old Connecticut Path
Prime Computer                    | Framingham, MA 01701
                                  | 508/626-1700, ext. 4187
Nothing in this posting reflects an official position of Prime Computer.

russotto@wam.UMD.EDU (09/27/89)

In article <160700074@primerd> barry@primerd.prime.com writes:

>Note that
>SIMMs must be installed in pairs, so you can't expand a stock 1MB
>SE/30 or II* to 2MB by installing only a single 1MB SIMM.

Actually, in the '020 and '030 machines, SIMMS must be installed in
sets of 4.  In the 68000 machines, SIMMS must be installed in pairs.
--
Matthew T. Russotto	russotto@wam.umd.edu	russotto@eng.umd.edu