[comp.sys.mac] Nove Link BBS

pa1006@sdcc13.ucsd.EDU (pa1006) (09/24/89)

Has anyone hear of a BBS program called Nova Link.  Supposedly it's
a multi-node BBS for the macintosh with a tree-structured message
base.  If anyone has any information on how to obtain this BBS
please reply..

pa1006@iugrad2.ucsd.edu

Paul_Dalman_Feliciano@cup.portal.com (09/26/89)

I believe it's in:
Article menu
/User/Computer/Macintosh/Phoenix Sig/Files/Telecommunications
2858.3.13
That's where I saw it last.  Good luck.

David_Greg_Herlihy@cup.portal.com (09/27/89)

My mail to the original poster bounced, so I'll post this information
here since it may be of general interest:

Nova Link is a multi-tasking multi-user BBS that supports
VT100 (including color) and its own graphics (used with
the Novaterm communications program). There is no limit
on the number of simultaneous users. Using serial port
cards, we have run in as many as eight lines at once.
The new IIcxi should handle this kind of traffic even better.

Unfortunately, the Res Nova (the software company) support board
has been unable to go online due to a two-month phone strike in
Boston. The product itself is undergoing final testing before
its first commercial release. It will cost under $100.

Please e-mail me if you have any further questions,
Greg Herlihy, Tech Support Manager (to be) Res Nova Software, Inc.

David_Greg_Herlihy@cup.portal.com

davisp@wrangell.CWRU.EDU (Palmer Davis) (09/27/89)

In article <22553@cup.portal.com> Paul_Dalman_Feliciano@cup.portal.com writes:
>I believe it's in:
>Article menu
>/User/Computer/Macintosh/Phoenix Sig/Files/Telecommunications
>2858.3.13
>That's where I saw it last.  Good luck.

Huh?  Is this something specific to the system you're on?  Something on a
public access Unix site somewhere?  If so, what's its number, and, even better,
can I get the thing by FTP?

-- Palmer Davis --

Palmer T. Davis                  |  The opinions expressed herein are my own
Case Western Reserve University  |  and do not necessarily represent the truth.
davisp@skybridge.scl.cwru.edu    |  Flame away to your heart's content.

rterry@hpcupt1.HP.COM (Ray Terry) (09/28/89)

>>I believe it's in:
>>Article menu
>>/User/Computer/Macintosh/Phoenix Sig/Files/Telecommunications
>>2858.3.13
>>That's where I saw it last.  Good luck.
>
>Huh?  Is this something specific to the system you're on?  Something on a
>public access Unix site somewhere?  If so, what's its number, and, even better,
>can I get the thing by FTP?
>
>-- Palmer Davis --

Yes, it looks the first msg was from a Portal user.  Portal is a Usenet gate.
I think the original sender understands Portal, but not notes/news/usenet/unix
in general...

Ray