[comp.sys.mac] SuperPaint 2.0 runs okay

pff@beach.cis.ufl.edu (Pablo Fernicola) (09/27/89)

I am running SuperPaint on a 20 Meg SE with 2.5 Meg RAM with no problems.

System: 6.03
Inits:
	Gatekeeper
	Pyro!

I tend to use the draw layer a lot.
--
pff@beach.cis.ufl.edu  Pablo Fernicola - Machine Intelligence Laboratory - UF
"If we knew how it works, it wouldn't be called research."

ron_b@apollo.HP.COM (Ronald Buttiglieri) (09/28/89)

In article <20943@uflorida.cis.ufl.EDU> pff@beach.cis.ufl.edu (Pablo Fernicola) writes:
>I am running SuperPaint on a 20 Meg SE with 2.5 Meg RAM with no problems.

The problems I'm seeing with SP2.0 is on several occasions (and on different
documents) if I try to print [orientation] sideways (doc size is adjusted
to 10.44X8) the LaserWriter croaks (i.e. in "status: printing" mode forever
while the amber light blinks (once) every 10 sec.s). If I rotate the image,
(and readjust doc size) the doc prints within seconds.

I've also experienced LW crash when trying to print a 300dpi superbits
area (granted, about 4m in editable size); the LW goes into 'lala land' and
the amber light blinks twice every 10-15 secs.

I don't know the version of LW driver installed (the printer and mac II are in
work, my SE at home), but the chooser's icon is that of a LWII.

It *is* a nice package, a little slow on some of the features, but if you can't
print it (superbits bug), whatsa use?

Just my 2 bits,

Ron