[comp.sys.mac] Mucking about in ROM was: Exiting to finder on sysbomb

jh0576@leah.Albany.Edu (Joe Houghtaling) (09/27/89)

In article <15781@dartvax.Dartmouth.EDU>, danno@eleazar.dartmouth.edu (Daniel McKinnon III) writes:
>For that matter, what's the code for the old SE? I saw it in Macworld a long
>ago, at a time when I didn't have access to an SE. Since then, I *have*
>checked all my back issues, but haven't been able to locate it.

Just looked it up in Scot Knaster's _How to Write Macintosh Software_.
Get into the '>' prompt (hit the programmer's switch on the side of your Mac)
Type in 'G 41D8' and the show will start.  To stop it, hit the programmer's
key again and type 'G 0' (zero).  Do this from the Finder.  It caused Red
Ryder to crash.  (If anyone knows a better way, please suggest it!)

joe houghtaling
jh0576@leah.albany.edu

ianf@nada.kth.se (Ian Feldman) (09/28/89)

In article <2055@leah.Albany.Edu> jh0576@leah.Albany.Edu (Joe Houghtaling)
 writes:

>Type in 'G 41D8' and the show will start.  To stop it, hit the programmer's
>key again and type 'G 0' (zero).  Do this from the Finder.  It caused Red
>Ryder to crash.  (If anyone knows a better way, please suggest it!)

  Wrong... the proper code sequence for displaying the slide show
  embedded in the 256K SE ROM is G 41D89A

  While you're at it... watch Steve Wozniak in Mona Lisa-mode.

  No way to stop it but interrupt/ reset.

  There is also a pd hack to run the slides automagically, available (was)
  from Sumes.  Name escapes me but look for it in /app.

--
----
------ ianf@nada.kth.se/ @sekth.bitnet/ uunet!nada.kth.se!ianf