[comp.sys.mac] SW56/ISDN for Macintoshes??

garyf@mehlville.ncsa.uiuc.EDU (Gary Faulkner) (09/29/89)

We at NCSA are looking for 56KB capable communication cards (or even internal
modems) as well as ISDN terminal adapter cards for the Mac SE and Mac II.  Does
anyone have information one either of these?  If so, I would appreciate seeing
what you have.

We are in a research project currently which involves NCSA telnet over
SW56 circuits and ISDN circuits.  We have both types of cards available from
several manufacturers for the IBM PC/AT, but needless to say that machine is
not nearly as attractive as is the Mac.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.  I can be reached via email at
garyf@ncsa.uiuc.edu, and via bellnet at (217) 333-8847.

Gary Faulkner
National Center for Supercomputing Applications - University of Illinois
Internet: garyf@mehlville.ncsa.uiuc.edu
Disclaimer:  I've only stated my opinion, not anyone elses.

pasek@ncrcce.StPaul.NCR.COM (Michael A. Pasek) (09/30/89)

In article <1989Sep29.113810.4014@ux1.cso.uiuc.edu> garyf@mehlville.ncsa.uiuc.EDU (Gary Faulkner) writes:
>We at NCSA are looking for 56KB capable communication cards (or even internal
>modems) as well as ISDN terminal adapter cards for the Mac SE and Mac II.  Does
>anyone have information one either of these?  If so, I would appreciate seeing
>what you have.

I also would be very interested (particularly in the 56KB cards).  Actually,
I'd be interested in ANY comm cards capable of sychronous communication and
software-accessible at a VERY low level.

M. A. Pasek          Switching Software Development         NCR Comten, Inc.
(612) 638-7668              CNG Development               2700 N. Snelling Ave.
pasek@c10sd3.StPaul.NCR.COM                               Roseville, MN  55113