[comp.sys.mac] Boomerang and GateKeeper incompatibilities?

dcbii@ncrcae.Columbia.NCR.COM (dcbii) (10/03/89)

Does anyone out there know if Boomerang 2.0b5 and GateKeeper 1.1.1 are
incompatible with each other?  Each time I do an open (to get the Standard
File Dialog) from some program, GateKeeper 1.1.1 says that Finder tried to
violate Res(other) privileges against Boomerang, and then gives me a
blank Standard File Dialog.

Is this a known problem, and is there an easy fix?  The older Boomerang
(v1.3) did not seem to have this problem.

Dave Barnhart
NCR Corp.
Engineering & Manufacturing
West Columbia, SC  29169

dcbii@ncrcae.Columbia.NCR.COM (dcbii) writes:

>Does anyone out there know if Boomerang 2.0b5 and GateKeeper 1.1.1 are
>incompatible with each other?

The current release of boomerang is 2.0b8.2. There have been *lots* of
fixes....

--

Chuq Von Rospach <+> Editor,OtherRealms <+> Member SFWA/ASFA
chuq@apple.com <+> CI$: 73317,635 <+> [This is myself speaking]

I was a Kings fan before it was politically correct. NHL to San Jose!

gall@yunexus.UUCP (Norman R. Gall) (10/03/89)

chuq@Apple.COM (Chuq Von Rospach) writes:

|dcbii@ncrcae.Columbia.NCR.COM (dcbii) writes:

|>Does anyone out there know if Boomerang 2.0b5 and GateKeeper 1.1.1 are
|>incompatible with each other?

|The current release of boomerang is 2.0b8.2. There have been *lots* of
|fixes....

And lots of enhancements.  I have sent a copy to sumex.  They'll have
it up soon I hope.

nrg

--
York University       Department of Philosophy       Toronto, Ontario, Canada
"'I have compelling grounds for my certitude.' These grounds make the