[comp.sys.mac] Device driver for Mac Emacs -> Laserwriter

abbo@tank.uchicago.edu (Laurie Abbott) (10/05/89)

What's the procedure for getting a Mac Emacs file (the second, nicer
version, with bells and whistles, I forget who authored it) to a(n
old) Laserwriter over Appletalk?  I don't need text formatting, none
of the roff brothers; just want to see the occasional ASCII file on
paper.  System bombs on both the Mac menu Print and the emacs lp
command.

--
	               abbabbo@uchimvs1.bitnet | Bitnet
	     	        abbo@tank.uchicago.edu | Internet

earleh@northstar.dartmouth.edu (Earle Horton) (10/05/89)

In article <5668@tank.uchicago.edu> abbo@tank.uchicago.edu
	(Laurie Abbott) writes:
>What's the procedure for getting a Mac Emacs file (the second, nicer
>version, with bells and whistles, I forget who authored it) to a(n
>old) Laserwriter over Appletalk?  I don't need text formatting, none
>of the roff brothers; just want to see the occasional ASCII file on
>paper.  System bombs on both the Mac menu Print and the emacs lp
>command.

If you have a copy of microemacs with "Print" in the "File" menu, then
that sucker is old!  I ripped out all the printing code once I
realized I would never have time to do it right.  Besides, I can't see
the point of duplicating a feature hundreds of other programs already
have.

I always use Microsoft Word for printing text files.

Earle R. Horton