[comp.sys.mac] Using LaserJet w/ Mac

isr@rodan.acs.syr.edu (Michael S. Schechter - ISR group account) (10/05/89)

I'm sure this has been  gone over & over & over again, but
can anyone recommned the best driver for hooking up
a non-PS HP Laserjet to a Mac. Has anyone had experience
with MacPrint from Insight Development ??
(I know we should use a mac printer, but this is the first
chink in the armor of the last fortress of the enemy left)
Thanks, Mike    isr@rodan.acs.syr.edu

ce1zzes@prism.gatech.EDU (Eric Sheppard) (10/06/89)

In article <926@rodan.acs.syr.edu>, isr@rodan.acs.syr.edu (Michael S. Schechter - ISR group account) writes:
> I'm sure this has been  gone over & over & over again, but
> can anyone recommned the best driver for hooking up
> a non-PS HP Laserjet to a Mac. Has anyone had experience
> with MacPrint from Insight Development ??
> (I know we should use a mac printer, but this is the first
> chink in the armor of the last fortress of the enemy left)
> Thanks, Mike    isr@rodan.acs.syr.edu

I was congratulated by the profs in my department for steering them to the
right software solution.  MacPrint does a terrific job of adapting the
Laserjet to the Mac environment. The driver is a Chooser document, and internal
fonts are simulated for the screen like bitmap graphics characters.  My only
disappointment is that there is no mechanism for downloading "permanent" soft
fonts to the Laserjet, although the output quality for bitmap fonts are close
to the Imagewriter's. Superb.

(Not connected to Insight Development, but if they're accepting resumes... 8^} )

-- Eric

--
Eric Sheppard
uucp: ...!{allegra,amd,hplabs,seismo,ut-ngp}!gatech!prism!ce1zzes