[comp.sys.mac] Contour Graphing Program Wanted

aae391aa@uxh.cso.uiuc.edu (10/08/89)

Is anyone out there aware of a good package for drawing Contour graphs of
data.  I have tried using Mathematica(TM); it was fine for graphing known
functions, but was not flexible enough with lists of data points (e.g. it
only allows data taken at constant intervals in both x and y directions).

I am using a Mac SE/30 with 4Meg RAM/80 Meg HD.  Thanks for the help.

                                       Erik A. Johnson
                                       johnsone@uxh.cso.uiuc.edu

drc@claris.com (Dennis Cohen) (10/09/89)

aae391aa@uxh.cso.uiuc.edu writes:
>Is anyone out there aware of a good package for drawing Contour graphs of
>data.  I have tried using Mathematica(TM); it was fine for graphing known
>functions, but was not flexible enough with lists of data points (e.g. it
>only allows data taken at constant intervals in both x and y directions).
>
>I am using a Mac SE/30 with 4Meg RAM/80 Meg HD.  Thanks for the help.

There is a program from NCSA called Contour81 which does what you seem to
want.  Version 1.1 was just posted to the info-mac archives.

Dennis Cohen
Claris Corp.
Disclaimer:  Any opinions expressed above are _MINE_!