[comp.sys.mac] Viewing Post Script files

ianf@nada.kth.se (Ian Feldman) (10/11/89)

In article <789@cwjcc.CWRU.Edu> cookson@shasta.scl.cwru.edu () writes:
> Can anybody out there tell me where I can get a program to view post-
> script files on my screen instead of printing them.

  Encapsulated PostScript (EPSF) files, ie those produced by the Illustrator
  or FreeHand ("export option") drawing programs, can be viewed using
  the shareware ArtBrowser DA that reads the PICT image contained within.
  It will scale (on screen) and print'em, too.

  Doesn't require access to a LaserWriter as do the Emerald City Software's
  Smart Art and LaserTalk-packages (the latter a PS-development program,
  the former a PS-to-PICT translator that both trick the laser printer
  into imaging the PS code & "steal back" the resulting bit-mapped picture).

--
----
------ ianf@nada.kth.se/ @sekth.bitnet/ uunet!nada.kth.se!ianf