[comp.sys.mac] tektronix w/ modem

currier@prandtl.nas.nasa.gov (Jeffrey M. Currier) (10/07/89)

is there a tektronix emulation program for a mac that
supports modem protocol.  I use NACA Telnet and it does a great
job with ethernet connections but it will not work with a modem.
If it will emulate tek 4010 or 4014 that would be fine.  Also,
state if it is PD, SD or commercial.
Thanks in advance
-Jeff

Jeff Currier  (602)621-4948                |
Computational Fluid Mechanics Lab          |
University of Arizona, Tucson              |
currier@prandtl.nas.nasa.gov               |
alternate: jeffc@neptune.ame.arizona.edu   |

jg13@umd5.umd.edu (Allon Stern) (10/11/89)

In article <3355@amelia.nas.nasa.gov> currier@prandtl.nas.nasa.gov (Jeffrey M. Currier) writes:
>is there a tektronix emulation program for a mac that
>supports modem protocol.  I use NACA Telnet and it does a great
>job with ethernet connections but it will not work with a modem.
>If it will emulate tek 4010 or 4014 that would be fine.  Also,
>state if it is PD, SD or commercial.
>Thanks in advance

I have had GREAT success with using Versaterm PRO.  It's not public
domain, and I'm not sure of the price (my father got it), but it does
Tek 4014 emulation, as well as Tek 4105 (color!).

                            - -= Allon =- -

   This is a test of the emergency signature system.  Were this an actual
   signature, you would see amusing mottos, disclaimers, or edifying
   philisophical statements.  This is only a test.