[comp.sys.mac] Soundmaster versions, was Re: what kinds of sounds are there?

kevin@kosman.UUCP (Kevin O'Gorman) (10/11/89)

In article <2640@iscuva.ISCS.COM> carlp@frigg.ISCS.COM (Carl Paukstis) writes:

>Then I got an SE.  So I got SoundMaster from somebody, installed it, set
>the sounds from ControlPanel, restarted - nothing.  Why does it not work?
>System 6.0.2 is installed - I suspect this has something to do with it.  Is
>there a newer version that works today?  I seem to have v1.1 23Mar88.  But
>I really want a vomiting sound on disk ejection...

I'm using v1.2, gleaned from the net, on a MacII with system 6.0.2.  It works
fine.  I prefer the "Ahhhh..." sound from Crystal Quest on ejection, and
and "Oh, that's nice" on insertion.  But then I'm twisted.  I wish people
would post more sounds, because having these things play keeps my spirits
up, and tends to make my computer-averse friends less scared of the machine.

Anyway, look around for v1.2, or ask me and I'll do what I can.

>I'm using v1.2, gleaned from the net, on a MacII with system 6.0.2.

The author of Soundmaster released version 3.0 to CompuServe within the last
week. (no, I don't have it. I like silence.)

--

Chuq Von Rospach <+> Editor,OtherRealms <+> Member SFWA/ASFA
chuq@apple.com <+> CI$: 73317,635 <+> [This is myself speaking]

I was a Kings fan before it was politically correct. NHL to San Jose!