[comp.sys.mac] Kermit for the Mac - anything happening?

phil@mva.cs.liv.ac.uk (10/10/89)

What is the status of the latest version of MacKermit?  I had a message from a
user here a day or so ago telling me that 0.9(40) doesn't work properly on a
IIcx.  The terminal emulation works fine, but then the file transfer bit fails.
The strange thing is that it works fine on my SE/30.  Is there a new version of
Kermit for the Mac that is due out any time soon?

Phil Jimmieson,           ***************************************************
Computer Science Dept.,   *                                                 *
Liverpool University,     * JANET : PHIL@UK.AC.LIV.CS.MVA                   *
PO Box 147                * ARPA  : PHIL%mva.cs.liv.ac.uk@cunyvm.cuny.edu   *
Liverpool  L69  3BX       *                                                 *
(UK) 051-794-3689         ***************************************************

henry@chinet.chi.il.us (Henry C. Schmitt) (10/12/89)

In article <2446@mva.cs.liv.ac.uk> phil@mva.cs.liv.ac.uk writes:
>What is the status of the latest version of MacKermit?  I had a
>message from a user here a day or so ago telling me that 0.9(40)
>doesn't work properly on a IIcx.  The terminal emulation works
>fine, but then the file transfer bit fails.  The strange thing is
>that it works fine on my SE/30.  Is there a new version of
>Kermit for the Mac that is due out any time soon?
>
>Phil Jimmieson

A new test version of MacKermit was just announced in
comp.protocols.kermit.  Version number is still 0.9, edit number is
57 (?).  I don't know if it works on a IIcx, as I haven't been able
to get it (no FTP).  It is available via FTP from Columbia U. but as
I don't have FTP, I don't remember the details.

--
  H3nry C. Schmitt     | CompuServe: 72275,1456  (Rarely)
 Royal Inn of Yoruba   | UUCP: Henry@chinet.chi.il.us  (Best Bet)

hv@chyde.uwasa.fi (Harri Valkama LAKE) (10/13/89)

In article <9788@chinet.chi.il.us> henry@chinet.chi.il.us (Henry C. Schmitt) writes:
>In article <2446@mva.cs.liv.ac.uk> phil@mva.cs.liv.ac.uk writes:
>A new test version of MacKermit was just announced in
>comp.protocols.kermit.  Version number is still 0.9, edit number is
>57 (?).  I don't know if it works on a IIcx, as I haven't been able
>to get it (no FTP).  It is available via FTP from Columbia U. but as
>I don't have FTP, I don't remember the details.

This is not true anymore. 0.9(757) is now the latest OFFICIAL version.
You can get it from Sumex and our site also. The latest TEST version is
0.9(8xx). We have it also here.

--
** And Hey These Are My Personal Views - but you probably noticed it already **
	Harri Valkama			: email:  hv@chyde.uwasa.fi (internet)