[comp.sys.mac] EPS

jstewart@rodan.acs.syr.edu (Ace Stewart [Jonathan III]) (10/05/89)

Summary
Expires:

Does anyone out there have any advice for reading material on EPS? I
am currently jumping onto the bandwagon and need some info. I have used
regular PostScript before, and the biggest thing I need to know is about
the header lines found on EPS files..

					Suggestions? Tanx in advance!
						Ace

--
| Ace Stewart (Jonathan III)                             |A       /\       |
| Affiliation: Eastman Kodak Company. Rochester New York |      _/  \_     |

brucem@dbase.UUCP (Bruce Madsen) (10/05/89)

In article <921@rodan.acs.syr.edu>, jstewart@rodan.acs.syr.edu (Ace Stewart [Jonathan III]) writes:

> Does anyone out there have any advice for reading material on EPS? I
> am currently jumping onto the bandwagon and need some info. I have used
> regular PostScript before, and the biggest thing I need to know is about
> the header lines found on EPS files..

Contact Jim Von Ehr at Altsys in Plano Texas.  Jim was the originator of the
EPS format.  For a dollar, he will send you a copy of the EPS specification.
Lacking that, you can read one of the Appendices of the RED BOOK which describes
90% of the EPS format.  The only thing missing from the RED BOOK description,
is the format of the header used to include screen representations of the
POSTSCRIPT code that follows.

I apologise for not posting Altsys's phone number, but I neglected to save
it from my last job.

--
*----------------------------------------------------------------------------*
* Hockey - The worlds fastest sport * The proceeding has not been brought to *

hallett@pet3.uucp (Jeff Hallett x5163 ) (10/06/89)

In article <269@dbase.UUCP> brucem@dbase.UUCP (Bruce Madsen) writes:
>In article <921@rodan.acs.syr.edu>, jstewart@rodan.acs.syr.edu (Ace Stewart [Jonathan III]) writes:
>*----------------------------------------------------------------------------*
>* Hockey - The worlds fastest sport * The proceeding has not been brought to *

Nope.  Sorry, but lacrosse is clearly the world's fastest sport.
You got the one about baseball right though. :^)

	     Jeffrey A. Hallett, PET Software Engineering
      GE Medical Systems, W641, PO Box 414, Milwaukee, WI  53201
	    (414) 548-5163 : EMAIL -  hallett@gemed.ge.com
     "Your logic was impeccable Captain. We are in grave danger."

gelphman@adobe.COM (David Gelphman) (10/13/89)

In article <269@dbase.UUCP> brucem@dbase.UUCP (Bruce Madsen) writes:
>In article <921@rodan.acs.syr.edu>, jstewart@rodan.acs.syr.edu (Ace Stewart [Jonathan III]) writes:
>>
>> Does anyone out there have any advice for reading material on EPS? I
>Contact Jim Von Ehr at Altsys in Plano Texas.  Jim was the originator of the
>EPS format.  For a dollar, he will send you a copy of the EPS specification.
   Adobe Systems also makes available the EPS spec. It is available on the
Adobe fileserver and can also be requested by calling and requesting the
EPS spec. The number to call is 415-961-4111. If you wish to write instead
the address is:   Adobe Systems Incorporated, 1585 Charleston Road,
Mountain View, CA 94043   Attn: Developer Support.

Hope this helps,
David Gelphman
Adobe Systems Incorporated