[comp.sys.mac] 80ns/1meg SIMMs for $83

wb1j+@andrew.cmu.edu (William M. Bumgarner) (10/14/89)

For all those that have missed the Chip Merchant's number, here is the
critical info:

The Chip Merchant
9285 Chesapeake Dr, Suite L
Sand Diego, CA 92123

800-426-6375
619-268-4774
Fax:  619-268-0874

1 Meg SIMMS
80ns/low profile/surface mount/5 year guarantee
$84 (MacWeek misprinted price @$83)

Video Upgrade (4 bit -> 8 bits)
set of 8/$49

All shipments go second-day-air (shipping not included).
Overnight express is available (something like $15).

b.bum
wb1j+@andrew.cmu.edu

hodas@eniac.seas.upenn.edu (Josh Hodas) (10/14/89)

In article <EZBYTiK00WBV04A8gs@andrew.cmu.edu> wb1j+@andrew.cmu.edu (William M. Bumgarner) writes:
>For all those that have missed the Chip Merchant's number, here is the
>critical info:
>
>The Chip Merchant
>9285 Chesapeake Dr, Suite L
>Sand Diego, CA 92123
>
>800-426-6375
>619-268-4774
>Fax:  619-268-0874
>
>1 Meg SIMMS
>80ns/low profile/surface mount/5 year guarantee
>$84 (MacWeek misprinted price @$83)

Hmm, now I have dealt with Chip Merchant, and was very pleased (have bought
a total of 24 simms for myself and friends/associated) back when the prices
were in the 90's.  But I'm a little concerned about this "Misprint". I only
say this because when I spoke to them a couple of weeks ago when the printed
price was $86 they said that was a misprint and that the price was $87.

Now don't get me wrong, I think their prices are great either way, I just think
they may be over-predicting price drops, and then claiming misprints, this
is not really a nice thing to do more than once.

Josh

-------------------------

Josh Hodas    (hodas@eniac.seas.upenn.edu)
4223 Pine Street
Philadelphia, PA 19104

(215) 222-7112   (home)
(215) 898-5423   (school office)

planting@hobbes.cs.pittsburgh.edu (Dr. Harry Plantinga) (10/15/89)

In article <EZBYTiK00WBV04A8gs@andrew.cmu.edu> wb1j+@andrew.cmu.edu (William M. Bumgarner) writes:

>[Chipmerchant advertises] 80ns/low profile/surface mount/5 year guarantee
>$84 (MacWeek misprinted price @$83)

Hmmmm.  When the ad in MacWeek said $86, I called them and they
claimed that it was a misprint--the real price was $87.  What a
coicidence.