[comp.sys.mac] Mac with Sun SCSI

wasilko@netcom.UUCP (Jeff Wasilko) (10/14/89)

Has any one had any experience using a Mac with a Sun shoebox drive?

The drive in question is a Micropolis 380MB ESDI drive with an Adaptex
SCSI --> ESDI controller. I have heard that the SF&I formatter might do the
trick, but I don't have any of the config files for it.

Thanks in advance...

Jeff
:

d6maca@dtek.chalmers.se. (Martin Carlberg) (10/15/89)

In article <3087@netcom.UUCP> wasilko@netcom.UUCP (Jeff Wasilko) writes:
>Has any one had any experience using a Mac with a Sun shoebox drive?
>
>The drive in question is a Micropolis 380MB ESDI drive with an Adaptex
>SCSI --> ESDI controller. I have heard that the SF&I formatter might do the
>trick, but I don't have any of the config files for it.

PowerSCSI from Software Power Company is perfect for selfconfiguration
of SCSI-drives. We are using an Maxtor 300MB drive on a Mac plus as an
Appleshare server with PowerSCSI as driver. It should be very easy for
you to setup PowerSCSI for Micropolis 380MB ESDI.

- Martin Carlberg
- Chalmers University of Technology, Gothenburg, Sweden