[comp.sys.mac] Laserwriter toner cartridges

macman@wpi.wpi.edu (Christopher Silverberg) (10/16/89)

In article <2537@dogie.macc.wisc.edu> yahnke@vms.macc.wisc.edu (Ross Yahnke, MACC) writes:
>In putting together a new lab, I'm looking for some better printing
>solutions. We're currently using ImageWriters, which suck; they
>need too much maintenance. The powers that be don't want to use
>LaserWriters cuz of the costly toner cartridges. So.

This is not a direct response to your article, but I think $70 is a
darn good deal for a laser cartridge. You get between 2500-3000 printed
pages at excellent quality and little maintenance... and it's usually
faster than dot matrix too...

but just my opinion...--
 (.) (.) | Chris Silverberg, WPI Box 719    | BBS Sysop: Main Street U.S.A
    u    | USENET: macman@wpi.wpi.edu       | 2400 baud - (508) 832-7725
  \___/  | BITNET: macman@wpi.bitnet        | Fido: 322/575 - Red Ryder Host

jeff@eniac.seas.upenn.edu (Jeffrey M White) (10/17/89)

In article <4785@wpi.wpi.edu> macman@wpi.wpi.edu (Christopher Silverberg) writes:
>In article <2537@dogie.macc.wisc.edu> yahnke@vms.macc.wisc.edu (Ross Yahnke, MACC) writes:
>>In putting together a new lab, I'm looking for some better printing
>>solutions. We're currently using ImageWriters, which suck; they
>>need too much maintenance. The powers that be don't want to use
>>LaserWriters cuz of the costly toner cartridges. So.
>
>This is not a direct response to your article, but I think $70 is a
>darn good deal for a laser cartridge. You get between 2500-3000 printed
>pages at excellent quality and little maintenance... and it's usually
>faster than dot matrix too...

  Just a note that while 3000 pages is the RATED number of pages a toner
cartridge will last, in REAL use the number is usually quite higher.  I
usually get at least 4000 pages, and I just got 5000 pages on my last one.
This does drive the cost per page down, maybe down into your bosses price
range.

						Jeff White
						University of Pennsylvania
						jeff@eniac.seas.upenn.edu