[comp.sys.mac] Any Screen Savers that don't conflict with Macro Maker?

jcocon%hazel.cs.clemson.edu@hubcap.clemson.edu (James C. O'Connor III, 2846) (10/17/89)

Are there any screen savers that don't conflict with macroMaker?  Moire
(in one if its incarnations) and MacroMaker trashed my hard disk (erased
the proms, which was repairable, but it sure scared me!).  Dimmer also
conflicts, which is sad because it is my favorite.  Any known to be okay?
Jim

harlanp@silver.bacs.indiana.edu (Peter Harlan) (10/17/89)

jcocon%hazel.cs.clemson.edu@hubcap.clemson.edu writes:
>Are there any screen savers that don't conflict with macroMaker?  Moire
>(in one if its incarnations) and MacroMaker trashed my hard disk (erased
>the proms, which was repairable, but it sure scared me!).  Dimmer also
>conflicts, which is sad because it is my favorite.  Any known to be okay?
>Jim

Yes ... QuicKeys doesn't conflict with Moire!  Seriously, after
looking at MacroMaker and trying it for a while, I trashed it.  After
buying QuicKeys and trying it for a while, I couldn't live without it.

My flame isn't against the quality of MacroMaker, it is just that it
exists at all in its current form (a.k.a. "the EDLIN of the Mac").
The effect is that users won't think they need to buy a macro program
because they have one, then they won't get the power or elegance of a
really nice one.

Not that Apple should supply a better macro package.  They usually
stop short of writing an actual application so the developers have
something to do.  And competition will drive the developers to do it
better than Apple alone would have.  Like if Apple had included
something like a 'macro manager' in the system software, instead of
writing the application, then developers would compete to write the
best possible macro programs, and they would be compatable with each
other.

[I have no affiliation with any companies or products.]
Pete Harlan
<harlanp@silver.bacs.indiana.edu>

ray@hydroplane.cis.ohio-state.edu (william c ray) (10/17/89)

I've  never had any trouble with pyro! and macro maker, and I don't recall
any with flex either...
(then again, my machine has been acting up a bit lately, but I somehow
doubt that this was the cause...  IIw/5M 40M int for reference)

Will