[comp.sys.mac] System 6.0.4 on Mac Plus

wilkins@jarthur.Claremont.EDU (Mark Wilkins) (10/18/89)

In article <840@mit-amt.MEDIA.MIT.EDU> mjkobb@media-lab.media.mit.edu (Michael J Kobb) writes:
>In article <2009@network.ucsd.edu> dpaight@weber.UUCP (Dan Paight) writes:
>>In article <2472@jarthur.Claremont.EDU> mberline@jarthur.UUCP (Marty Berliner) writes:

>>>   The problem is that it seems that this feature does not work with my
>>>system setup (Plus, 6.0.4, 2.5M, various inits & cdev's).  Anyone else
>
>Um, this may not be the cause of your problem, but why are you running 6.0.4?
>I thought it was exclusively for the Portable and the IIci.

    6.0.4, while it is necessary for the Portable and IIci does not add
any new features for the other Macs.
    However, Apple's change list indicates that a rather significant set of
bugs which only affected earlier Macs were fixed in this release.  An
example is that previously under MultiFinder on a Plus an inserted disk would
sometimes be completely ignored by the system and you'd have to get out the
paper clip. :-)

                     -- Mark Wilkins