[comp.sys.mac] 32-Bit QuickDraw and System 6.0.4???

mccabe@unc.cs.unc.edu (Dan McCabe) (10/17/89)

With the recent release of System 6.0.4, do I use my existing version of
32-bit QuickDraw, do I new a new version, or is it integrated into Sys 6.0.4,
(eliminating the need for a separate INIT)?

Thanx in advance,
danm

ftanaka@Apple.COM (Forrest Tanaka) (10/17/89)

In article <10053@thorin.cs.unc.edu> mccabe@unc.cs.unc.edu (Dan McCabe) writes:

>With the recent release of System 6.0.4, do I use my existing version of
>32-bit QuickDraw, do I new a new version, or is it integrated into Sys 6.0.4,
>(eliminating the need for a separate INIT)?
>
>Thanx in advance,
>danm

    System 6.0.4 includes several bug fixes to 32-Bit Quickdraw, but you still
need your old 32-Bit Quickdraw file.  If you're using a Macintosh IIci, you
don't need the 32-Bit Quickdraw file because all of 32-Bit Quickdraw and the
bug fixes are included in its ROM.  This leaves more memory available for
everything else.

Forrest Tanaka                            AppleLink: TANAKA
Macintosh Developer Technical Support     UseNet:    ftanaka@Apple.COM
Apple Computer, Inc.

nl0s+@andrew.cmu.edu (Nathan James Loofbourrow) (10/18/89)

> With the recent release of System 6.0.4, do I use my existing version of
32-bit QuickDraw, do I new a new version, or is it integrated into Sys 6.0.4,

It has not been integrated into System 6.0.4 -- the same old version of 32QD
you're using now will load properly under System 6.0.4.

Nathan Loofbourrow
nl0s+@andrew.cmu.edu