[comp.sys.mac] Fortune II and 32 Bit Quickdraw Incompatibilities?

dcbii@ncrcae.Columbia.NCR.COM (dcbii) (10/19/89)

Does anyone know if FortuneII and the 32-Bit Quickdraw INIT are incompatible
with each other?  If 32BQD is loaded, FortuneII hangs.  I am using a MacII,
system 6.0.3, and Finder.  Turning off all other inits/cdevs except FortuneII
and 32BQD doesn't seem to make any difference.

Thank you for any information you can give.

Dave Barnhart
NCR Corp.
Engineering & Manufacturing
West Columbia, SC  29169

louis@asterix.drev.dnd.ca (Louis Demers) (10/19/89)

dcbii@ncrcae.Columbia.NCR.COM (dcbii) writes:

>Does anyone know if FortuneII and the 32-Bit Quickdraw INIT are incompatible
>with each other?  If 32BQD is loaded, FortuneII hangs.  I am using a MacII,
>system 6.0.3, and Finder.  Turning off all other inits/cdevs except FortuneII
>and 32BQD doesn't seem to make any difference.

 I had problems too (same configuration as you). It hung the first few
 times I booted after installing 32 BitQD.  After trying the same thing
 you did, I used Monitors CDEV to change settings and It now works.
 Using Monitors CDEV seems to reset or initialize something.
 This happened to me on two macs and both now work correctly.

		Good Luck,

					Louis
--
| Louis Demers              | DREV, Defence Research Establishment,Valcartier |
| louis@asterix.drev.dnd.ca | POBox 8800, Courcelette,Quebec, CANADA, G0A 1R0 |