[comp.sys.mac] Apple Link?

david.dmytryshyn@f428.n250.z1.fidonet.org (david dmytryshyn) (07/30/89)

A while back it was mentioned that we can messages to people on
Compu$erve, what about Applelink?  (I notice alot of addresses
with .applelink. in them.

--- FD 2.00
 * Origin: Synaptic Communications (1:250/428)

macman@ethz.UUCP (Danny Schwendener) (08/15/89)

>A while back it was mentioned that we can messages to people on
>Compu$erve, what about Applelink?  (I notice alot of addresses
>with .applelink. in them.

There are two ways to do this. The following samples presume that you
want to send a mail to user USER on Applelink.

1) through DASnet, which offers gateways to many networks:
      to:   xb.das@stanford.BITNET
      subj:  user@applelink! Your real subject

2) through Apple.com; This might not work if you're not connected to
   the Internet. It doesn't work from here(Switzerland), at least.
     to:     user@applelink.apple.com

Have fun.
-- Danny

gao@zodiac.rutgers.edu (10/20/89)

Hi

If anyone know about how to join into the Apple-Link, please
inform me as soon as possible.

Thanks in advance

Ming Gao        **** Rutgers university ****
e-mail: gao@pisces.rutgers.edu