[comp.sys.mac] How to install MacHumaine?

brian@natinst.com (Brian H. Powell) (10/19/89)

     The subject line pretty much tells it all.  I've got MacHumaine, but I
don't know where to put the AFM file (and whatever else is required).  Do I
just put it in the system folder?

Brian

jas@ISI.EDU (Jeff Sullivan) (10/20/89)

Is this font a type 1 (usable by ATM) or not?  Are there any such
fonts out there?

jas

Jeffrey A. Sullivan		| Senior Systems Programmer
jas@venera.isi.edu		| Information Sciences Institute
jas@isi.edu   DELPHI: JSULLIVAN	| University of Southern California

rsilverman@eagle.wesleyan.edu (10/21/89)

In article <4960@natinst.natinst.com>, brian@natinst.com (Brian H. Powell) writes:

>      The subject line pretty much tells it all.  I've got MacHumaine, but I
> don't know where to put the AFM file (and whatever else is required).  Do I
> just put it in the system folder?
>
> Brian

Brian,
	To install a PostScript font:

1)	Install the screen font in your system with the Font/DA Mover

2)	Put the printer font file in your system folder (the file will have a
	name like "HelvBolIta" for Helvetica-BoldItalic).

The AFM (Adobe Font Metric) file is not necessary in order to use the font; the
two steps above are all the Mac needs.  The AFM files contain information about
the font that is intended for application use, but I know of no applications
that actually use them (PageMaker, perhaps?).

                                                Richard Silverman

arpa:	rsilverman@eagle.wesleyan.edu           Systems Engineer
bitnet:	rsilverman@wesleyan.bitnet              AM Computer Products
CIS:	[72727,453]                             Southington, CT 06489