[comp.sys.mac] Jasmine Driveware program...

gray@unix.cis.pitt.edu (Gray Watson) (10/20/89)

Hi:
	I just got a letter from Jasmine the other day, describing their
	'DriveWare' program.

Is tells of features like:
	Increased disk speed (1:1 interleave for the MacPlus)
	Multiple OS on dingle disk (AUX on a partition)

	and some other interesting stuff all for $19.95.

Questions:
	Now, has anyone gotten a copy?  Is it worth it?  Does it work with
	non-Jasmine disks.  Are they including a new Jasmine disk driver to
	get down to 1:1 for the Plus or what.

gray
gray@med.pitt.edu

p.s.	Has anyone done a command-click on Word 4.0's icon inside its info box
	yet?  I haven't seen it mentioned on the net yet...

Adam.Frix@f200.n226.z1.FIDONET.ORG (Adam Frix) (10/22/89)

Gray Watson writes:

>Hi:
>I just got a letter from Jasmine the other day, describing their
>'DriveWare' program.
>
>Is tells of features like: Increased disk speed (1:1 interleave
>for the MacPlus) Multiple OS on dingle disk (AUX on a partition)
>
>and some other interesting stuff all for $19.95.
>
>Questions: Now, has anyone gotten a copy?  Is it worth it?  Does
>it work with non-Jasmine disks.  Are they including a new Jasmine
>disk driver to get down to 1:1 for the Plus or what.
>
>gray gray@med.pitt.edu
>
>p.s.Has anyone done a command-click on Word 4.0's icon inside its
>info box yet?  I haven't seen it mentioned on the net yet...

Well, Jasmine's posted their DriveWare version 1.40--the version you
mention--on CompuServe.  I downloaded it, and have installed it.  I can't
tell a bit of difference in speed on my Plus.  It's not very obvious if
there _is_ a speed increase.  (What I can't really understand is, why are
they charging $20 for it if they're also giving it away free?  $5-$7.50,
maybe, for shipping and handling, I could see.)  I have noticed some
strange behavior in the Finder lately, relating to inserting and ejecting
floppies--suddenly, the Finder is having trouble closing files on
floppies.  It's not too pervasive, though, so I'm not worried (yet).

Yes, I've com-clicked on Word's icon inside its info box.  Cute show.
Wish they'd have given their last names, though.  :-)

--Adam--

--
Adam Frix via cmhGate - Net 226 fido<=>uucp gateway Col, OH
UUCP: ...!osu-cis!n8emr!cmhgate!200!Adam.Frix