[comp.sys.mac] corrupted Cal 3.02 from comp.binaries.mac

magik@chinet.chi.il.us (Ben Liberman) (10/19/89)

David Phillip Oster's "Cal 3.02" (DA I assume) seems to have arrived
corrupted.  Has anyone recieved a clean copy?  Please email me.  If I
get no positive responses, I'll drop a note to the moderator and request
a clean repost.

   Thanks, y'all (in advance)

(all email will be answered, summary to the net if volume warrents it)

--
	------------    ------------   ----------------------
	Ben Liberman    USENET         magik@chinet.chi.il.us

oster@dewey.soe.berkeley.edu (David Phillip Oster) (10/22/89)

Cal 3.02 Clarifications
Here is some more information about common problems with Cal,
my network calendar.

1.) I intended Cal to be in three .hqx parts, so each part would
be short short enough to get by all the funky mailers people have.
Many sites are archiving it in two parts. You may have to go through
it with a text editor looking for the extra file header before you
de-binhex it.

2.) The year 2000 is a leap year. The year 1900 was not. The software
is correct, my initial posting's cover letter had a vagrant "not."

3.) Many people have had trouble connecting Cal to a folder. On
Cal's open dialog, look at the name in the pull down menu at the
top of the dialog box. This is the name Cal is using.

Many people look at the selected folder in the list of files and
folders. This is not the name Cal attaches to.

I wrote it this way, because some people (like me) use an entire
shared volume solely for Cal data. Volume names never appear in the
list of files and folders so you couldn't select a volume name if
Cal looked there. Volume names do appear in the pull down menu at
the top of the dialog box, which is where Cal looks.

> The mac is a detour in the inevitable march of mediocre computers.
> drs@bnlux0.bnl.gov (David R. Stampf)
--- David Phillip Oster          -master of the ad hoc odd hack.
Arpa: oster@dewey.soe.berkeley.edu
Uucp: {uwvax,decvax}!ucbvax!oster%dewey.soe.berkeley.edu

6sigma@polari.UUCP (Brian Matthews) (10/22/89)

In article <9813@chinet.chi.il.us> magik@chinet.chi.il.us (Ben Liberman) writes:
|David Phillip Oster's "Cal 3.02" (DA I assume) seems to have arrived
|corrupted.

If yours was corrupted the same way mine was, it's easy to fix.  Just
edit the first part, and delete the mail header stuff in the middle.
Make sure the last line of binhex stuff before the garbage is followed
immediately on the next line by the first line of binhex from after the
garbage.

I would recommend that anyone archiving stuff fix the problem, but
unless there's other major corruption elsewhere, I don't think it needs
to be reposted.

Brian L. Matthews	blm@6sigma.UUCP